[Panel-devel] Plasma and the window manager (Re: KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/plasma)

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 06:14:09 CET 2007

On November 23, 2007 20:19:13 Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Friday 23 of November 2007, Chani wrote:
> > as for the code itself, I'm not sure, because I'm too tired to follow
> > uncommented code - but several things look kinda suspicious, and some
> > stuff is removed that maybe shouldn't be... for one thing, don't assume
> > that you're going to get a clientClosed() signal. iirc, sometimes systray
> > icons go away without bothering to tell the systray (scim was one, I
> > think).
>
>  QX11EmbedContainer::clientClosed() should be emitted for any client going
> away, in any way, if not, that's a QX11EmbedContainer bug (and, after a
> glance at its code, I cannot see how such problem could occur). There are X
> events that can be used to detect when an embeded client goes away.

key word: should.
I'll go test scim again when I get the chance, but there's a reason I have a
comment saying you can't assume only one of the darn things has gone away.
even if it's a bug in scim or something, I don't want messed up apps damaging
the whole systray.
...then again, the new code might be different enough that it wouldn't affect
the whole systray. I can't remember clearly enough. I'll test later (probably
tuesday).

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com