[Panel-devel] panel layout & contentSizeHint()

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 19:00:45 CET 2007

When dragging the battery from the plasmaappletbrowser (pab) to the panel, it
gets too much horizontal space. I've put in some logic last night to
advertise, via contentSizeHint() the correct size. The size the applet gets
from the panel is 765.5x56, the contentSizeHint() returns a square of 56x56
accordingly. I would assume that the panel understands from the applet's
contentSizeHint() that this applet doesn't need all that space and make the
space that it has reserved for it smaller.
I know, it's work in progress, but I'm not even really sure the above
assumptions are correct, so bear with me :)

Is the above behaviour a bug in the panel layout or in the applet? If $2, what
does it need to do different?

And because things look gorgeous lately, I've made screenshots of what
happens:

http://vizzzion.org/tmp/plasma/before.png
http://vizzzion.org/tmp/plasma/after.png
--