[Panel-devel] clock configuration consistency

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Tue Nov 20 09:26:33 CET 2007

On Dienstag, 20. November 2007, Chani wrote:
> one thing that seems odd to me is that the fuzzy clock has an option to
> turn off the fuzziness - which basically turns it into another plain clock.

This was introduced because at that time there was not way to have a
plain-text clock with the others and I did not want to change code outside
playground. Also, at least at that time the digi-clock lacked any code to
calculate the needed width for plain-text clock and date, it just used the
width of the svg-digits.

I'm just recompiling KDE4 to test wether the digi-clock has all the features
now, including localising the date- and time-string.

If everything needed for a plain-text clock is within the digi-clock now, I
can remove that option from the fuzzy-clock.

Sven