[Panel-devel] KickOff menu navigation

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 18:35:03 CET 2007

On Saturday 17 November 2007 22:35:26 Robert Knight wrote:
> > There's a comment (which I removed) that implies that arbitrary (fex,
> > parent to grandchild or sibling) jumps through the menu can happen,
>
> Currently there are only facilities to go one level up or down at a
> time.  I had envisaged that the menu header which appears when you go
> into a sub-menu might act like Dolphin's breadcrumb navigation which
> allows you to go up more than one level at a time.  That doesn't
> happen at the moment though.  So no, don't need to worry about it.

If it's only ever moving several parents up in the tree, it'd be easy enough
to support it by just walking the index list backward and checking for a
match. I'm not sure what (if any) changes would be needed to the animation
code. It would also conflict with your suggestion below, so I've left it as
is for the time being.

> Can I suggest that since you're using previousRootIndicies and
> previousVerticalOffsets like a stack you might want to use QStack
> instead of QList?

Done. I also changed a ternary into an if/else to get rid of a cast, and
changed the order of operations in setCurrentRoot() to be a little bit more
readable - at least in my mind.

If there are no other concerns, please apply at your leisure. :)

--
Jason Stubbs