[Panel-devel] Plasma and the window manager (Re: KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/plasma)

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 21:03:53 CET 2007

>  When you get some fancy ideas about toplevel windows (and this is bound to
> happen with you Plasma people), could you, pretty please, first tell me
> about it or mail kwin at kde.org?

okey dokey.
I've been trying to get the systray to show up in the right place. I figured
out how to get the correct co-ordinates, but it was ending up just above the
panel instead of on it, probably to do with the panel not wanting windows on
it. someone suggested I use Qt::X11BypassWindowManagerHint for the systray
widget, and that did the trick.
is it correct to use that? can I commit?

I've attached the diff (although I can't remember what options are best, so it
might be slightly inconvenient).

next I'll have to figure out how to deal with an expanding systray properly,
and why on earth it has that ugly black border...

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com