[Panel-devel] krunner locking

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Nov 15 21:27:45 CET 2007

I install kdebase as a normal user into /usr/local/kde (which is writeable
by me).  The effect is that I can't install anything outside of this dir.
I'm guessing there is something being installed or some permissions altered
to make the krunner_lock process able to accept my password and unlock
again since I can't unlock :)

I had to ssh into the machine and kill the process manually.

The above description is a problem we had in the kde3 times; I kind of
assume its a similar problem.
Back then we showed a dialog warning the user we were not going to lock,
just screensave after we detected the problem.

Cheers!

(ps. if you have questions, please cc me)
--
Thomas Zander