[Panel-devel] issues with xinerama

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Nov 15 01:02:38 CET 2007

The last wave of xinerama friendliness was nice, but I do encounter some
issues:

http://vizzzion.org/tmp/plasma/plasma-twinview-xinerama.png

Two (1280x1024) screens, next to each other. Screen 2 is leftOf Screen 1, I'm
using nvidia's twinview with the binary drivers.

- The panel gets laid out correctly on Screen 1
- The background on Screen 1 (right) is overlaid by a strip from the right of
  Screen 2 (left), 110 pixels wide. The background in that strip is motion
  blurred horizontally.
- The plasma slide box is placed at (1280x1024) and at (1400x1024) (none in
  the top right corner of Screen 1 where I'd expect it to be.

I hope this helps, of course I can test patches and add boatloads of debugging
output somewhere. The current output doesn't really give me a clue, it's at
http://vizzzion.org/tmp/plasma/plasma.log

Thanks,
--
sebas