[Panel-devel] Onscreen Keyboard Plasmoid

Henry Stanaland stanaland at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 10:13:53 CET 2007

> On Montag, 12. November 2007, Henry Stanaland wrote:
> > On your blog you mentioned an on screen keyboard plasmoid.
>
> Maybe a bit related to this. Will it be possible to assign a shortcut to a
> plasmoid in order to bring it to the front and keep it there? E.g. a
> calculator would be handy only if it was kept above the document I work on
> and I need the calculations for.

This too is something I was thinking about. I see Aaron laid out his ideas
for z-ordering on this blog entry:
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2007/07/plasma-and-mac-dashboard.html

While I understand the technical requirements to have plasmoids on the
desktop, on panels, or layered on top like Apple....I don't see how you
could
select a single plasmoid with a shortcut and "bring it to the front and keep
it
there."  For that to happen, the plasmoids would have to be running in its
own X window, right?

-Henry Stanaland