[Panel-devel] kalming kickoff

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 12 22:42:09 CET 2007

On Monday 12 November 2007, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> is that the hover area is not equal to the
> background-change area.

which borders on irrelevant.

> I see that the bars get painted differently on hover... but it still is not
> (IMHO) enough usability-wise.

you seriously think that someone doesn't get which item is selected when move
the mouse or use the arrow keys? yeesh.

i'd also point out (again?) that your eye is drawn to the meaning (the text)
with the text box version versus into the negative space (blank area) with
the full text box.

> But, then again, we are choosing the less evil here... so every choice
> is... evil? :)

pretty much. a nicer way of saying it is that every option has strengths and
challenges.