[Panel-devel] kalming kickoff

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:12:27 CET 2007

> - swap the path with the product name in the My Computer view (not 100% sure i
> like this one yet, though it does give me more info =)

I think that will depend on an individual user's storage setup as to
whether the volume name or the path is more useful.

On my setup, using the volume name is more useful (eg. "ROB's iPod
instead of '/media/xyz0" , "Ubuntu 7.10" instead of '/media/cdrom0')
but I can quite imagine it will be the other way round on yours.

I would recommend using the volume name by default, simply because it
is usually a more friendly string to look at, but by all means, add a
preference to show the path instead.  Equally, I think it likely that
some users would prefer to see the actual application name instead of
the generic name in the applications view.  Although the generic name
is a good default choice for new users.

Regards,
Robert.