[Panel-devel] KRunner multithreading

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 9 18:25:11 CET 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007, Ryan Bitanga wrote:
> Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm almost finish working on
> multithreading for KRunner.

woah; that's surprising, but good, news ...

> Majority of the work is done in
> interface.cpp but I had to make SearchContext thread-safe. Anyways,

feel free to post patches if you'd like some review / other pairs of eyes on
the code.

> there are a few bugs left and I'm still figuring how to make it work
> _faster_ because somehow it got _slower_ despite using multiple
> threads. :-/

well, threading doesn't really make things faster .. it just makes things not
get in the way of each other =) that said, perhaps there's some blocking
issues (e.g. issues with concurrent access to SearchContext?)