[Panel-devel] xrandr patch

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Nov 8 20:49:27 CET 2007

On Thursday 08 of November 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 08 November 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 07.11.07 20:23:34, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > patch is here: http://bddf.ca/~aseigo/xrandr.diff and it applies inside
> > > workspace/libs/plasma/
> >
> > With fresh setup (i.e. empty KDEHOME) I don't see any output in the
> > redirects from startkde that relates to plasma. I've changed the mode on
> > one of my heads with xrandr --output VGA-0 --mode XXX and also tried the
> > plain xrandr -s <size> but neither of those produced any debug output.
>
> gah, so it's not just me. hm. time to go spelunking and find out what the
> problem is then. the plasma code looks fine (anyone else spot something
> there that i'm missing?) so next stop is Qt.

 Qt doesn't process the XRandr event (seach for "XRR" in
qapplication_x11.cpp), but the problem seems to be specific to Plasma, e.g.
in KWrite all is fine. My guess is that something eats the X event before it
reaches the place in Qt where it's handled. Check if you have any X11 event
filters in Plasma, otherwise I can try to track it down tomorrow.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz