[Panel-devel] xrandr patch

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 8 10:02:45 CET 2007

On 07.11.07 20:23:34, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all...
>
> so i've theoretically implemented runtime screen change support. however, i'm
> not getting the slot called on change here, and i'm not sure if it's my build
> of Qt, X or whatever .... i'm not getting a signal/slot mismatch error at
> runtime, so it musn't be that.. hum.
>
> i'm hoping someone here can test the part of the patch that applies to Corona
> to see if you get output noting the screenResized is getting called.
> hopefully i'm not just missing something obvious due to being dreadfully
> tired this evening ... =)
>
> patch is here: http://bddf.ca/~aseigo/xrandr.diff and it applies inside
> workspace/libs/plasma/

With fresh setup (i.e. empty KDEHOME) I don't see any output in the
redirects from startkde that relates to plasma. I've changed the mode on
one of my heads with xrandr --output VGA-0 --mode XXX and also tried the
plain xrandr -s <size> but neither of those produced any debug output.

Andreas

--
You never hesitate to tackle the most difficult problems.