[Panel-devel] Resizing and contentsize

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sat Nov 3 01:09:14 CET 2007

Hello!

I got the fuzzy-clock working. Yet I still have not understood fully whether I
did everything right, especially regarding resizing.

Even if I do not seem to need it, where is contentRect set and what should I
do with it if the size changes.

Is it correct that I should update m_sizeHint in order to allow plasma to ask
the plasmoid what size it would like to have?

Is it the best way to calculate what size the content needs, then update the
sizeHint, call prepareGeometryChange and after that updateGeometry? Or should
I call update() as well?

Another issue I have:
I have set the sizeHint to the width of the text + 2*margin, so the area
within the plasmoid should have that width. Yet if I place the text within
that area and start at x = margin there is no margin on the right of the
text. That happens to the digital-clock as well, i.e. there is more space on
the left than on the right and I do not know why.

If anyone could give me a hand these things I would put that info onto
techbase in order for others to learn about resizing.

Sven