[Panel-devel] Fuzzy-clock

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Nov 1 20:01:23 CET 2007

On Thursday 01 November 2007, Beat Wolf wrote:
> On Thursday 01 November 2007 15.39:28 Chris Howells wrote:
> > Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > i'd like to see the clocks separated from each other based on
> > > functionality target so we avoid a remake of the kde3 clock applet ;)
> >
> > What I'm currently really missing from the KDE 3 clock applet is the
> > calendar that appears when you click on it, allowing you to easily
> > browse different months or even years. I referred to this on a pretty
> > regular basis in KDE 3.
>
> And i just would like to add as a non developer, the most important thing
> was the text box with the date. I use it daily to copy paste it into all
> sorts of documents

with my non developer hat on, the most important thing is that the calendar
would actually show me my appointments from my calendar ;)

interesting how priorities are different based on the person. but yeah, i
think we can do all of this and then some.

> > Would you want to see a calendar as a separate plasmoid, or is it
> > sensible to add this function to the clocks (though this may be nasty if
> > there is a few of them...)?

i think the real solution here is not to have a calendar widget that each
clock pops up but have some sort of service that they can request from plasma
which gets fulfilled with .... a plasmoid.

i've been pondering just how to accomplish this for a while ...