[Panel-devel] Smooth movement of clock hands on plasma applet

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 29 23:47:17 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 29 May 2007, M. Costa wrote:
> 30% for a clock sounds insane to me. Is there a plan to improve it?

no, we actually think it's funny that the clock takes that much horsepower.
call it a reverse easter egg, if you will.

;)

seriously though ... the 30% is with the patch which makes it update 20 times
per second; right now it updates once per second, and the painting is not at
all optimized for performance either.

things will improve, but now is really not the time to worry too much about
optimizations such as these... as long as we keep the framework open enough
that we can work on these issues we'll be fine when the time comes to work on
optimizations.