[Panel-devel] Smooth movement of clock hands on plasma applet

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue May 29 22:53:54 CEST 2007

Le mardi 29 mai 2007, Robert Knight a écrit :
> > You want bool Solid::PowerManagement::appShouldConserveResources() and
> > Solid::PowerManagement::Notifier::appsHouldConserverResourcesChanged(
> > bool
>
> I actually tried that a couple of days ago.  I was hoping to have the
> second hand on the clock magically fade out when the AC adapter was
> unplugged.  However I couldn't get a correct value for
> appShouldConserveResources(), it always returned false and the signal
> was never emitted.  I have the power management backend set to HAL
> Power Manager in the setup dialog for Solid.
>
> Any suggestions?

Yup, wait until kpowersave is finally ported to KDE4 and provide the necessary
D-Bus interface that the Solid::PowerManagement namespace uses under the
hood. :-)

Yeah, shame on me, that's just a stub for now without it, I should really find
time again for kdebase.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."