[Panel-devel] Two questions on Krunner...

Niels van Mourik niels at shodan.nl
Wed May 23 23:20:06 CEST 2007

Op woensdag 23 mei 2007, schreef Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Niels van Mourik wrote:
> > >
> > > it will look less odd when there is a proper svg for it.

> > > that's obviously not the use case for this dialog. we have klipper for
> > > that.
> >
> > Obviously it isn't the use case (bad example) and I never got the hang of
> > klipper ;) But my point is, a rootless window prevents you from moving,
> > resizing (which shouldn't happen in Krunner's case) and minimizing.
>
> resizing is not an issue, no.
Ah, forgot about the imagery being SVG instead of good ol' bitmap.

> minimizing is accomplished by dismissing the
> dialog.
I don't know how this works in KDE exactly, but how about the windowmanager
that calls krunner to minimize (taskbar>krunner>rightmenu> minimize). That's
going to work too? Not that there, indeed, is any use case for minimizing
when we have escape & alt+f2.

> movement, if needed, can be accomplished by allowing the user to
> click and drag on any part of the background of the dialog.
Sounds like setting a property on the Qwidget?

--
The sky may fall on your head tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes!
  -- Chief Vitalstatix