[Panel-devel] things to do

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat May 19 10:47:24 CEST 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> Il Saturday 19 May 2007 00:25:00 Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> > Clock
> > * should really be a Plasma::Applet, not a DataVisualization
> > * needs to be extended to allow for textual as well as graphical
> > representations while keeping it simple
>
> I do volunteer for that, that really inspirates me! =)

cool =)

you'll notice in svn that there is plasma/engines/time which contains the
TimeEngine data engine plugin. the clock uses that to get its data. neat.

and yes, this means that DataEngine, DataSource and DataVisualization all
essentially work now. i'm sure we'll screw with / add to their APIs, but hey!
TimeEngine + Clock (a DataVisualization subclass) == happiness.

> Aaron: making an SVG test clock is matter of minutes for me.... or we can
> use some of the ones David (Vignoni) sent some time ago.

there's a clock.svg in plasma/images/ already. it needs some work;
specifically, the hands need to be oriented straight up for the drawing to
work properly.