[Panel-devel] battery applet

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Jun 28 13:14:45 CEST 2007

Le jeudi 28 juin 2007, Sebastian Kügler a écrit :
> As some of you already have seen, I've put a battery applet into
> playground. Some people have already worked a bit with the code. The catch
> is that I'm new to C++, so there are probably dumb things in there.
>
> So if someone wants to look through the code, I'd appreciate comment. But
> by all means, don't let me steal your valuable time.
>
> The code is in
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/base/plasma/applet/battery
> A screenshot is at http://vizzzion.org/images/blog/battery-plasmoid.png
>
> Christopher Blauvelt has adapted the applet for use with the solidengine,
> so the battery dataengine might soon go away.

Well, you probably want more than simply reporting one battery level, don't
you?

Actually, you probably want to report the overall battery level... Reporting
only _one_ battery level is not enough for some systems. In fact, that would
be nice to have a "powermanagement" dataengine (I don't like the name
battery), and the applet could use this one or the solidengine to report
battery level... Depending on the engine it uses you'd focus on one battery,
or the overall state of the system.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."