[Panel-devel] Task management in plasma

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Fri Jun 1 14:30:13 CEST 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007 11:31:51 Richard Moore wrote:
> <richmoore> new idea for task management - allowing the user to edit
> the task label
> <richmoore> i have lots of windows open here and i'd like to label
> them for the customer i'm dealing with in that window
> <leinir> task tagging... hmm...
> <leinir> Task Management 2.0 ;) *ducks*
> <richmoore> yeah, that would be quite neat given we have library
> support for tagging now

Not sure where I saw them, but there were some Dot comments recently asking
for arbitrary groupings of windows (by task), which would be nice, example:
group a bunch of different apps' windows related to hacking kmail, and create
a separate group for a simultaneous session for hacking kdevelop.

At the moment I use virtual desktops for grouping, but they are inflexible.
I'd prefer it if this was stored in kwin and covered by session management.

Oh, and here's a couple more semi taskbar related ideas: if an apps' own tab
is dragged from the tabbar to the taskbar, plasma should tell the app to
detach that tab into its own window.  If a window is dragged onto the pager
(by titlebar or alt-drag) it should move to that window.

Wil