[Panel-devel] meeting bullet points

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jun 1 00:41:49 CEST 2007

hi all...

the plasma meeting was held today as announced and it was productive. bullet
points from the meeting include:

===========
Artwork:
a) collect all the svg's into one place under workspace/
b) create a .desktop file that can go with the theme
c) we need to document what each svg does
    http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Theme
d) artists do their magical thing they do using (c)
e) plasmagik packages for themes (ghns2)

Documentation
- plasma.kde.org moving to new server this friday; faster and more bandwidth
    - content rewrites happening on the weekend after the move
- wiki content needs to be examined for currency and accuracy
    - asiraj will be adding some new things there
- API docs proof reading needed

Applet Config
- trigger on changes in Corona
- Plasma::Applet will handle sync()ing and be triggered by the Corona
- applets themselves shouldn't do any sync()ing themselves

DataEngines
- i have to work out how i want to handle configuring dataengines from applets
    -the config needs to be able to be agregated from multiple applets
- we need to get writing some of the more obviously needed engines.
    - primarily the task management one
    - hardware (solid)

log uploads pending...