[Panel-devel] KDE/kdebase/workspace

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jul 27 23:10:47 CEST 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007, Laurent Montel wrote:
> SVN commit 693020 by mlaurent:
>
> Allow to lock applet position
>

>  M  +19 -0     libs/plasma/applet.cpp
>  M  +9 -0      libs/plasma/applet.h
>  M  +6 -0      plasma/plasma/desktopview.cpp

besides the fact that this commit does not follow the coding guidelines (e.g.
uses tabs instead of spaces), was not peer reviewed (that i know of?) and
introduces new public API without apidox ........

... why do we want to lock the position of an applet? yes, i know SK did this,
but i don't see the use case for it in plasma. can you provide a reason why
we should offer "Lock" in the context menu?

the patch is also broken in numerous ways, primarily surrounding kiosk and
immutability. *if* we offer per-applet locking, it should simply call
setImmutable.