[Panel-devel] Phase/Animator issues

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 10:41:18 CEST 2007

I have encountered two  problems that I haven't found a way to fix.

The first is the motion.

If I call the moveItem to slightly move (SlideIn) the active icon in my
plasmoid, and the item is deactivated before the animation finishes - which
invokes the event to move back the icon (SlideOut) the icon will not return
to the starting place. It will stop at the InterruptedPosition - SlideVector,
which is not the starting position since the InterruptedPosition is not
OriginalPosition + SlideVector, but OriginalPosition + SlideVector * t, where
t < 1.

The second is icon hiding.

If I call the (icon is an instance of Plasma::Icon)
Plasma::Phase::self()->animateItem(icon, Plasma::Phase::Disappear);
it animates the disappearing, but when the animation finishes, the icon comes
back. And I don't know the way to be notified when the animation is finished
to call the icon->setVisible(false).

Any solutions for these?

Cheers,
Ivan