[Panel-devel] Configuration dialogs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jul 27 01:33:26 CEST 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007, fonz2591 wrote:
> Maybe some PIG (Plasma Interface Guidelines)?

this is the "easy" way and at least doable. it does mean expecting people to
read and follow them. we'll need a PIG[1] anyways for other things beyond
strings. we can start it on the techbase wiki.

as for better ways ... it might make sense to offer some standard bits of
configuration widgetry that the plasmoid can then call upon to be added to
the dialog. e.g. a font and colours selection.

we can than create them on deman and populate the KConfigSkeleton object with
the proper entries. this does mean moving people to UI files and KConfigXt
xml, but that's where plasmoids of the scripted sort are going anyways.

[1] i am instantly in love with that acronym, btw