[Panel-devel] Configuration dialogs

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Fri Jul 27 00:41:38 CEST 2007

Hello,
looking at all the plasmoids in playground and playing with them, I noticed
something that could be a problem, altough I'm not really sure we can fix it.
Basically, many plasmoids have very similar configuration dialogs, but all
differ for very little details, like different strings for the same exact
configuration, or where those entry are positioned. In my brain they looked
very inconsistent, a total mess.
The most used ones I've seen are size, font type and font color. I think we
should came up with a solution to make config look more consistent, just like
we did with backgrounds. I'm not sure how feasible is it though, and if it
is, it will probably require a lot of hard thinking. That if Aaron doesn't
have something already ready in his mind yet. (go go gadget plasmoid
configuration dialogs?)

Bye,
-Riccardo
--