[Panel-devel] Desktop icons

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 14:44:53 CEST 2007

On 7/26/07, M. Costa <m.costacano at gmail.com> wrote:
> The intelligent icon group detection is finished. If someone wants to take a
> look at the prototype tell me. Some quick questions:
>
> There will be a desktop folder (~/Desktop) as now?
>
> If yes... I suppose the icon creation must be implemented. I can do that.
> What's the best place for it? PlasmaApp looks OK for me, but I see a icon is
> created in RootWidget if ICON_DEMO is defined.

playground/base/plasma/applet/desktop as I indicated to you in our emails.

There is also the beginnings of what I term a DesktopOrganizer. It
will (eventually) take a list of Launcher items (which can currently
be a FileLauncher, DeviceLauncher) whic can be sorted however the
DesktopOrganizer sees fit.

Matt