[Panel-devel] one month of devel ==?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 26 07:06:28 CEST 2007

hi all...

one month ago in an email titled "little status update" i said:

"just thought i'd point out that in the last couple of weeks we've added
nearly 4000 lines of code to plasma, including the various data engines and
plasmoids that have been committed to playground/base/plasma/."

in the month since we've accummulated a wee bit more code. sloccount now
reports 29,581 lines of plasma code.

that's 6710 in libplasma; 3682 in workspace/plasma/, 18,933 in playground and
256 in kdepim. there may be more lurking elsewhere. to be fair, some of that
code is example plasmoids, but not that much...

lots more to come, as well, but it's been a pretty crazy month of development
(in a good way). a number of outstanding items are on my plate and there are
lots more TODOs, but boy ... are we charging ahead or what? =))

i wonder where we'll be in a month from now.

now, we haven't had an irc meeting in a while ... but i don't think we need to
as i'm in contact with everyone on a daily basis on irc and everyone's moving
ahead pretty well. however, if anyone here feels that it would be worthwhile
to get together, i'd be happy to arrange an irc meeting.