[Panel-devel] Propsed change: boundingRect() vs. contentSize()

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:08:32 CEST 2007

 Hi all,

Since plasma project was started with QGV, I have always wondered (and I
have always missed) a parameter on boundingRect() method. I know is more a
Qt issue, but probably we can fill this gap if we think it is so. The
parameter is the QStyleOptionGraphicsItem, that is passed on the paint()
method. There is some valuable information as the fontMetrics, or the state.
That is sometimes necessary to decide what is the size of the plasmoid.

Is just a thought, nothing more.

Bye,
Rafael Fernandez Lopez.