[Panel-devel] A Twitter DataEngine

Andre Duffeck andre at duffeck.de
Tue Jul 24 12:20:27 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2007 05:13:31 schrieb Trever Fischer:
> Hi, all. I'm new to Plasma development. I've got a bunch of great ideas I
> want to work on, but I want to make sure I'm doing it 'right' enough before
> I rush headlong into a bad situation. I want some other plasma developers
> to have a look at how I'm using the API and if it is how they intended it
> to be used. As my first exercise, I created a Twitter engine to compliment
> the Twitter plasmoid. Here, have a look:
> http://wm161.net/2007/07/23/my-twitter-engine/

Oh, you succeeded in downloading the twitter stuff with QHttp. I did not with
KIO and ended up implementing it on top of QTcpSocket...

I can't say much to the way of implementation, because i have hardly looked at
the DataEngine stuff at all, but besides that i think i'd rather want to
retrieve the raw XML in the Timeline and Timeline:user data source instead of
the ids only. Having one source per tweet seems a little overkill for me, but
that's just my opinion and maybe others can comment on that, too?

Besides i'd like to use your engine in the applet...

André