[Panel-devel] Avahia and remote Widgets/Engines

Bernhard Rode mail at bernhardrode.de
Thu Jul 19 11:57:46 CEST 2007

As SOA is a big fat Buzzword all over the world, and the engines/
applets architecture of plasma is in some ways a local Service
Architecture.
We are able to aggregate external Sources like RSS Feeds, Webservices
shouldn't be the problem and so on.

But what about sharing our Data to the world (or the local Network ;) )

I like Apples Bonjour services for chatting, sharing on the LAN, so
I've read some things about Avahi (http://avahi.org/ + http://
www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Avahi). It looks pretty nice.

So why schouldn't we have the ability to offer our Dataengines in
some way.

I've read things about a media center corona.
So the next step for me is to have a multi media pc in my living
room, which is connected to my home theater system and holds all my
media/images/... so when I'm sitting on my Desktop PC i would like to
remote control the music p.e.

I think there might be great use-cases for this.

I hope that this is the right place for this message.

Thanks in advance and for your past work (your all do a terrific job
out there)
Bernhard Rode