[Panel-devel] plasma updates

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jul 18 04:38:40 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 17 July 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> KConfigXT XML
> --------------------
> on the way to full plasmoid package support plasma needed a class to read
> KConfigXT XML and turn it into a KConfigSkeleton class. i wrote such a
> beast today. you can find it in libs/plasma/appletconfig.[c|cpp].
> AppletConfig may not be the best name for it since it's obviously a weeee
> bit more generic than that. in fact, i think i've already changed my mind
> on it and will be fixing that in the next few minutes.

well, svn.kde.org seems to be thoroughly screwed right now. so i can't commit
this yet. in any case, when i -can- commit it, you'll find the clas is called
Plasma::ConfigXml.

as per the tradition, there's a small demo in
workspace/plasma/plasma/rootwidget.cpp; just comment in the #define
CONFIGXML_DEMO line and rebuild, then run plasma from a konsole.

> there are lots and lots of TODOs left of course. i'm about to go over the
> techbase right now and update the list there.

i've updated the page now. i encourage others to look at the page and add to
it as i'm sure there are things that are missing or incomplete. feel free to
start working on some of those things too ;)

if those feel "too big" for you to chew off, then try grepping for TODO and
FIXME in the source code. there are a lot of them and many are pretty simple.