[Panel-devel] data engines

Franz Keferböck franz.keferboeck at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 14:40:51 CEST 2007

More engine- and applet ideas pop up in one point (IRC in that case),
somewhere else people ask for them, as they want to do something, but
don't know where to start; we could collect these ideas at one point
(techbase) and point people there to post ideas there resp. collect
them when eager to pick up some rather easy task.

Aaron, where do you think would that fit?

On 13/07/07, jensmh at gmx.de <jensmh at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 13. Juli 2007 05:13:09 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> > On Thursday 12 July 2007, jensmh at gmx.de wrote:
> > > - gps data engine, delivers data from gps device like position,
> > >   altitude, velocity etc., using gpsd,
> > > - tor data engine, delivers data from tor process using tor
> > >   controller protocol,
> > > - input data engine, delivers data from input devices like number/
> > > frequency of keystrokes, mouse distance, keys pressed

[13:04]<ingwa> An idea for a plasmoid: video capture of the desktop to a file.
[13:04]<ingwa> That would make the number of instruction "videos"
explode, if it's a standard component on the desktop.

> > > What do you think about that?
> >
> > i'm happy to help people hack on just about any dataengine they'd like to
> > see. they won't all end up in kdebase, but i think the bigger collection of
> > engines we can get the better for everyone ... so, fire up your text editor
> > and have fun! =)
>
> yes :)
>
> > if you have an svn account, you can commit new engines to
> > trunk/playground/plasma/engines/
>
> I don't have an svn account, so I'm going to send patches
> to this mailing list.

Kepler University Linz
KDE Marketing - http://www.kde.org