[Panel-devel] [Announce] FileBrowser data engine for plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 12 17:02:58 CEST 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > that could be cool; add in the categories to the filters and we should be
> > great.
>
> Haven't quite followed what you meant here. Categories and filter in the
> same list or what? You mentioned a filter drop down later.

yes; in the kicker Add Applet dialog, there is both a search line edit and a
Show: drop down that lists various categories. the applet categories could be
shown in that drop down. it's concise and easy to get at...

> > i don't think we need the tabs on the side in this case, just a filter
> > drop down... but otherwise, i like the idea quite a bit
>
> I agree for the tabs - there wont be so many categories... but I'd hate a
> drop-down - as far as I'm concerned drop-down lists are only for
> compressing the dialogs that take to much space.

in this case, i think that is precisely what we're faced with...

> > "Date and Time" would be another... perhaps we can find something more
> > user friendly than "Launchers" as well ("Files and Applications"?) ...
>
> Okay
>
> > "Graphics" would be things like the picture frame?
>
> Yes... it sounds better than "misuse of resources" :)

hehe

> Of course, we will have to redefine the list again and again, and again
> after that when we see which categories need to be introduced, and which
> can be merged or something.

yes...

> If you want, I could make the category/filter/list component... but I would

that'd be cool =)

> See you all in a day from now, I'm going to listen to Robert Plant right
> now :)

enjoy =)