[Panel-devel] [Announce] FileBrowser data engine for plasma

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:35:14 CEST 2007

The first version of the FileBrowser data engine is on the SVN.

I'm posting this announcement here because the engine is intended to be used
in making the kmenu replacement or any other type of launchers for Plasma.

Here is the blog post with screencast and a small description of what the
engine exactly does:
http://ivan-cukic-kde.blogspot.com/2007/07/just-to-notify-world-of-new-and-awsome.html

Cheers,
Ivan

p.s. I didn't choose the name FileWatcher because there is an applet in SVN
that is called that and it's purpose is exactly that - to show the contents
of the file on the desktop. Which is not what this engine is supposed to do
at all.

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard