[Panel-devel] Extender proof of concept

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jul 10 07:18:38 CEST 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I'm wondering if this concept is at all like the (very cool) "extenders"
> that popped up on kde-look a while back. At the moment, I can't see how

those very cool extenders were actually my idea and as such, yes, that is the
concept we're aiming for ;)

> Maybe I'm missing something, but if the extenders are QGV Items, how can
> they be displayed over regular visible windows?

yes, we'll have to extend the general concept to top levfel windows as well,
but i was keeping that as a nasty surprise secret once the initial work was
done (just as i am/was with the slideIn and slideOut anims in Phase/Animator)