[Panel-devel] Plasma: Proposing some changes (for Aaron mostly)

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Mon Jul 9 13:02:30 CEST 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 11:33:25 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > 2. Possible background issues
> > If the designer of the "standard background" wants to add some fancy
> > border to it, the thickness of that border would be different for
> > differently sized applets. Even more, if an applet is 400px wide and
> > 200px high, the side borders would be twice as thick as the top and
> > bottom borders which would look ugly.
>
> yes, we need to use cosmetic pens for the border..... i'm not sure how
> great the support for those are in svg?
Altough I don't think inkscape supports those cosmetic pens, the problem does
not involve just the borders, corners are a much bigger problem.
And the only possible solution I come up with is well explained here:
http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq20-qss.html#creatingscalablestyles

I was going to talk with Aaron about that just before akademy, but then I
didn't manage and in the end I simply forgot. ;-)

-Riccardo
--
GPG key:
3D0F6376