[Panel-devel] Extender proof of concept

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:40:00 CEST 2007

Heya all,

I have been working yesterday on the extender proof of concept. The
main idea is that we have Extenders on our corona desktop. We also
have ExtenderItems. Applets are now ExtenderItems (who are QObject and
QGraphicsItem too). Now, the important thing is that we can have lots
of ExtenderItems into a Extender. We can drag ExtenderItems
themselves, but if we move the Extender they belong to, all
ExtenderItems are moved with it.

If we drag an ExtenderItem and is not enough outside the Extender (no
intersection points), it goes back to its previous position.

If we drag an ExtenderItem outside of the Extender, it becomes a new
Extender itself.

An Extender is basically an ExtenderItem, but that will be able to
draw some kind of "Title", as well as will support adding more
ExtenderItems to itself.

The patch I attach compiles and gives you an idea of what I'm thinking
about. Red are two ExtenderItems, and Blue is the Extender that
contains both. Try playing a bit with it :)

Bye,
Rafael Fernández López.