[Panel-devel] Plugin manager issues

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 06:59:42 CET 2007

2007/2/22, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:

> On February 21, 2007, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > Well, revisiting this code I see this is just crap. If you close that
> > window (still with the unique-applet added to kicker), reopen that
> window,
> > and remove the unique-applet, it won't be added to the list, since
> > PluginManager::self() is another different instance. I have seen
> probably
>
> a) this belongs on panel-devel, not kde-core-devel

 Sorry.

b) any idea why addapplet.cpp was completely reformatted to use tabs instead
> of spaces? this file now has no useful svn log and violates the coding
> style
> for that application.

Right. Changing this since I was the one that screwed indentation up here.

c) PluginManager::self() is a singleton so it's always the same object

> d) the reason for this bug seems obvious: populateApplets doesn't add an
> entry
> if it's already on the panel and unique; pluginDestroyed() is connected to
> updateAppletList(), which just call search(QString) which just filters
> applets that are shown (and populateApplets wouldn't have shown it). what
> needs to happen is populateApplets should add all items then call search
> with
> an empty string which will hide uniqueApplets. then when pluginDestroyed()
> is
> called it'll show up again.

Mmmm... I should have dedicated 5 minutes more to reread methods deeply.
Without any doubt that is the reason. I just don't know why I didn't realize
the process is always the same since kicker is always running, and not
different instances.

and please: spaces, not tabs. =)

I do since some time ago... :)

Bye,