[Panel-devel] Blurry Panel Icons

Craig Duquette cduquette at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 08:24:49 CET 2007

If you hover the mouse over the tooltip you'll notice that the icons
in the panel are much blurrier than the tooltip's. The panel is
actually being set to 47px instead of 48px and that's why this effect
is occurring.

If one removes the -1 from line 90 of
workspace/plasma/containments/panel/panel.cpp
(height += topHeight - 1;) you get nice sharp icons. The only problem
is the panel is drawn 1 pixel up.

This can be resolved by changing the +1 to +2 in
kdebase/workspace/plasma/plasma/panelview.cpp
(geom.moveTopLeft(QPoint(screenGeom.left(), screenGeom.bottom() -
size.height() + 1));)

The panel appears to render correctly now with these changes, but I'm
not sure if they're proper changes. Does anyone see anything wrong
with committing a fix like this? We'll also need to update the code
for when the panel is on top or the sides.

~Craig aka gamma