[Panel-devel] Implementing a wrapper facility for bool Solid::PowerManager::appShouldConserveResources()

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Fri Dec 21 10:53:10 CET 2007

Hello.
The patch is very trivial, it only implements a wrapper around this function
which should really be taken in consideration by applet developers, and which
gets better visibility here. If all the applets take this in consideration I
think it will be just great for the final user experience. =)

Related question: do we also want to react to the signal emitted by solid when
this propriety changes?

Then, I must say that I'm not overly happy with polluting Plasma::Applet with
all those facility methods.
So, post 4.0, do we want to move this and other similar features in a
Plasma::Facility (or better name) class? Including font(), colorScheme(),
maybe also config(), etc...

Let me know if I can commit this.

Bye,
-Riccardo

P.S. Apply this patch using -p1 from kdebase (I created it with git-svn, as
you might see). So for example the command on my box is:
me at lapdog:~/kde4/src/kdebase$ patch -p1
< /home/me/patches/0001-Implement-Applet-shouldConserveResources-a-metho.patch
--
GPG key:
3D0F6376