[Panel-devel] Desktop Icons Patch

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:59:46 CET 2007

On Wednesday 19 December 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 10 December 2007, Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
>
> with this in svn i'm having some rather interesting problems. in
> particular, the panel gets two blank icons in it (which happen to get
> really huge and therefore spill over into the desktop area) ... any idea
> what might be causing this?

I think there are two problems:
the minimum size of the icon is too big for the panel
and the applet should have an expandingdirections 0 otherwiseit eats all the
available space in a boxlayout

this patch should address these issues, in particular i made the
minimumcontentsize dependent from the containment, because in the panel the
icon doesn't have text (->different aspect ratio) and it should still be
possible to have a very tiny panel like 16 pixels or so.
i think it should be done to every applet that uses an icon widget (move it
down to icon widget?)

it still has the problem of the elided text that i feel it's kinda connected
with this one, i think the aspect ratio of the icon should change upon
resizing to make enough room for at least 15-16 characters, but i still don't
know how to do it

Cheers,
Marco Martin