[Panel-devel] Kickoff should require click to change tabs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 17 00:26:22 CET 2007

On Sunday 16 December 2007, Level 1 wrote:
> firstly that new users are going to be confused,

no, people used to other systems will be confused. not new users. they have no
frame of reference.  (and i dispute the amount of confusion. chicken
little-esque, really)

> and more substantially that the way the tabs are arranged makes
> searching very annoying.  I wish kickoff would disable hover-over-tabs when
> a search is active, because otherwise the search is absolutely useless.

if by "absolutely useless" you mean "when i don't move my mouse straight up or
use the arrow keys since i'm already at the keyboard", well, ok, but then we
have different interpretations of "absolutely" (yeah, i hate hyperbole)

> Right now, if I recall correctly, you can't select items using the
> keyboard;

trying it better than recollection. this is a devel list; in future try then
report.

> and anyway I'm in the habit of selecting things with the mouse.

i'm sure you'll manage.