[Panel-devel] Background dialog, hidden options that apply

Paolo Capriotti p.capriotti at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:06:42 CET 2007

Unai Garro wrote:
> Hi there, I've been thinking of fixing the background dialog, but I'd
> like to ask you for the correct way (tm) first.
>
> I believe this screenshot explains the whole issue.
>
> http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8170/scr1id2.png
>

> When using the slideshow method, the scaling methods and background
> colors used are those that are shown only in the static picture mode.
> Therefore, shouldn't they be shown too while on the slideshow method? I
> myself thought the feature wasn't implemented yet, since I didn't see it
> anywhere (I was using slideshow).

My original idea was to apply a fixed position/color to the slideshow
images, and then use default values to be found in the background
package metadata, as soon as the package support is finished.
In the general case, in fact, there can't be a single position/color
settings that can be used for all the images in a slideshow view.

> Also, I think the text "Position" is rather confusing. Could it be
> better "Position and scale" or similar.

Yes, maybe, but note that KDE3 is using "Position".

Paolo Capriotti