[Panel-devel] Background dialog, hidden options that apply

Unai Garro ugarro at telefonica.net
Sun Dec 16 10:56:57 CET 2007

Hi there, I've been thinking of fixing the background dialog, but I'd
like to ask you for the correct way (tm) first.

I believe this screenshot explains the whole issue.

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8170/scr1id2.png

When using the slideshow method, the scaling methods and background
colors used are those that are shown only in the static picture mode.
Therefore, shouldn't they be shown too while on the slideshow method? I
myself thought the feature wasn't implemented yet, since I didn't see it
anywhere (I was using slideshow).

Also, I think the text "Position" is rather confusing. Could it be
better "Position and scale" or similar.

For a solution, I've been thinking of making position and color options
show up in the slideshow method, but I think the dialog would end up a
bit too busy with so many options. Any suggestions on how to correctly
fix this? using tabs maybe?

Unai

PS: I hope you won't receive multiple copies of this e-mail. I tried
sending the screenshot as attachment previously and it was getting
moderated forever.