[Panel-devel] Desktop containment background config patch

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Wed Dec 12 14:34:29 CET 2007

On Sunday 18 November 2007 05:34:46 Jeremy wrote:
> I made this patch so I can change the background image of any desktop
> containments (to be applied in
> kdebase/workspace/plasma/containments/desktop/) .  I added it to desktop
> containment though, and not sure if it should be moved into generic
> containment class instead, etc.  Also I'd like to enable the slideshow part
> of the ui with an appropriate QTimer in the class to switch the pictures,
> etc. but not sure if that's wanted here or in base containment class again.
>
> Anyway, any comments, suggestions are welcome.

Just updated my KDE4 and I'm really impressed by the new wallpaper config.
Good work! I was also able to install wallpapers from kde-look without any
glitch. Cool. :-)

What I'm missing are two things:

- Setting a plain colour (or gradient, but gradient is far less important)
- Setting a different wallpaper per containment

The latter is possible with the previous dialogue, at least per Xinerama
screen. I understand that's still the case? Is different wallpapers for
different virtual desktops planned?

As to the former, it looks like someone thought of it, one *can* set a colour,
although it's unclear to me what that colour does ...

Ow, and while we're at it, when will the old wallpapers be removed and
replaced by the new set?

Thanks for the work, those are really minor things from my POV.
--
sebas