[Panel-devel] Applet Manager Dialog

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 09:42:35 CET 2007

On December 8, 2007 18:43:11 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> On Samstag, 8. Dezember 2007, Chani wrote:
> > http://chani.ccdevnet.org/sshots/appletbrowser3.png
> >
> > I'm kinda thinking that there isn't really space to just toss a 'remove'
> > link in there without reorganising or resizing stuff a bit...
>
> What about removing the "remove (2)" and replacing it by a bin-icon. If
> there is only one instance of the applet it gets removed when the bin is

I decided to do this, and put it in its own column to solve the space issue.
the only problem is that I don't actually have such an icon, so right now I'm
just copying the 'favourite' icon. :)

http://chani.ccdevnet.org/sshots/appletbrowser4.png

> clicked. If there are more instances of the same applet, a little pop-up
> lists the entries and if possible some sort of data that makes it easier to
> identify which entry links to which applet. One could make the
> corresponding applet blink on hovering the entry in the list or supply its
> coordinates if any of these possibilities is available.

I think that might be kinda complicated and hard. if someone else wants to add
it, go right ahead, but I'm just aiming for a 'remove all' button right now.

I just hope people don't have too much trouble understanding that the icon
means "remove all".

> Another possibility is to replace the "add applet" button by a "remove
> applet" button when the user picks the list of active applets from the
> drop-down.

nah, changing the behaviour of a button based on one filter seems like a
recipe for accidental deletion.

--
This message brought to you by evyl bananas, and the number 3.
www.chani3.com