[Panel-devel] devicenotifier's dialog

Sebastian Kuegler sebas at kde.org
Tue Dec 4 16:56:47 CET 2007

I'm working on lib-ifying the dialogue from Alex' devicenotifier, wanting to
put it into the plasma libraries.

Now I've gotten it to a point where it gets built in libs/plasma, but when
using it from the clock, I'm getting undefined symbols, apparently it's not
linking plasmadialog.o. Unfortunately, I'm running out of skills here, so if
anyone know what's going wrong, I'd be glad to hear. I've also attached the
clock where I implemented it (not cleaned up, be aware!)

The exact error I'm getting:

makeobj[0]: Entering directory
`/data/kdedev/kde/build/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/digital-clock'
[100%] Built target plasma
Linking CXX shared module ../../../../lib/plasma_applet_dig_clock.so
CMakeFiles/plasma_applet_dig_clock.dir/clock.o: In function
`Clock::showCalendar()':
/data/kdedev/kde/src/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/digital-clock/clock.cpp:160:
undefined reference to `Plasma::PlasmaDialog::PlasmaDialog(QWidget*,
QFlags<Qt::WindowType>)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/plasma_applet_dig_clock.so] Error 1
make[1]: ***
[workspace/plasma/applets/digital-clock/CMakeFiles/plasma_applet_dig_clock.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
makeobj[0]: Leaving directory
`/data/kdedev/kde/build/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/digital-clock'

It did work for me before I moved plasmadialog into libs/plasma.

If you have additional comment on the plasmadialog stuff, keep in mind:

- I need to add APIDOX
- How about the name?

Other comment is of course welcome, I'll even try to address it. :-)

Thanks for the help!
--
sebas