[Panel-devel] plasma playground ping

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sun Dec 2 13:48:14 CET 2007

On Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 01 December 2007, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> > On Samstag, 1. Dezember 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > quick ping: are there any things in playground that are ready to move
> > > to extragear? e.g. runners, engines, applets, etc?
> >
> > I re-worked the fuzzy-clock locally to adjust to a given size -- yet I
> > somehow cannot get the given size. I tried size(), contentSize() and
> > sizeHint() but they stay at the same values when resizing the applet via
> > the handles. What I need is the contentSize of the resized applet.
>
> are you checking the value of contentSize() when in constraintsUpdated?

Yes. The way I understood it - and hence build the plasmoid - is that handles
resizing the applet sets a new size, then calls constraintsUpdated and I take
that new size and calculate my content according to it.

Since it does not work for me, i.e. kDebug() << contentSize() as the first
line in constraintsUpdated shows the old size, I must either overwrite the
value, which I don't think I do and it could only happen if
constraintsUpdated is not the plasmoid's first function called after resizing
or there is a bug.

I never actually set the size, just minimalSizes, which should leave size()
alone in case it is smaller than it, which is another hint against me
overwriting the value. But since I'm a beginner, who knows.

> because setGeometry results in a call to setSize and only after that is
> updateConstraints called; so at that point you *should* have the new size.

That's what I thought.

Sven