[Panel-devel] Multithreaded krunner

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Dec 2 06:34:20 CET 2007

On Saturday 01 December 2007, Ryan Bitanga wrote:
> SearchContext:
> - Remove several locks
> - Add an addMatches(term,exact,possible,info) method
> - Add a clearMatches method (needed to avoid memory leaks when KRunner
> exits)

well, on exit it hardly matters since the OS cleans up after the app. but this
is something that should be moved to the SearchContext constructor. tbh, now
that SearchAction is not a QObject, we should probably not new these items
but leave them on the stack and provide a copy-constructor. best would
probably be to turn the dptr in a shared ptr object so that passing
SearchAction&'s around is cheap.

> SearchAction:
> - Store the value of the search term and mimetype because the local
> context is destroyed when it goes out of scope.

i think that perhaps we should just reassign the searchContext when addMatches
is called and not pass in the local one at all.

searchaction should become searchmatch, since you spent all that time
convincing me of it ;)

the above are easy enough things to do of course, and i don't mind doing them.
the responsiveness improvements due to this patch are pretty wonderful =)
please commit and i'll make the above additional improvements. thanks =)